Friday, August 30, 2013

My Plan After College

“You will love brands when brands love you back.” That is a quote from one of the people who I admire the most, Gary Vaynerchuk. And it is because for the last two years I have been absorbed and fascinated by this new trend of business that use the internet to facilitate and improve the communication with the end user by creating valuable content and using social media.


I have been reading, watching videos, going to workshops, attending to webinars and doing everything in my power to learn about internet marketing. It is an amazing thing and I am extremely passionate about it. People like Gary Vaynerchuk and Seth Godin have inspired me to follow this passion to improve businesses through the internet and make it my career.


My plan for the next few years is going to be as follows: I will study psychology with a minor in business and creative writing at college and then go to graduate school and study Industrial/Organizational Psychology with an emphasis on customer behavior.

What I am trying to achieve with my studies is to learn how to analyze data input from the customers in order to apply it into effective content and social media strategies for businesses, which will help them to build a big and loyal customer base, or audience, depending on the type of business. Using the internet as the main medium for collecting data and implementing the marketing strategies.
 

As soon as I graduate, I plan to work for a company to gain professional experience. I would prefer to work with a startup because I think it would be more rewarding to be part of a dynamic and innovative business, and help it improve. At the same time, I am going to start a website to help other businesses improve their customer base, too. That way I want to build an audience by sharing valuable information. Here is where the creative writing is important. I want to be the middleman between the researchers and the businesses by taking the useful information discovered in the area of customer psychology and marketing and putting it into concise and interesting pieces of information that companies can use to better their business.

That website is going to be the platform for what would be my end goal. I want to use the website to gradually build an audience while I am implementing my skills on a professional setting. When I feel like I have gained enough experience, I want to transform my website from a simple blog to a business. I’ll use the audience and the brand that I created to make a consulting firm. I also want to take advantage of that audience to publish books on the topics of customer psychology and marketing.

That is what I want to. I want to make my own business dedicated to helping other businesses succeed. And the internet will be the platform my whole career is going to be based on. I am going to make an online business to help other firms have a better online presence.  

1 comment: